Information Highway Onramping
PSF is pleased to offer its Information Highway Onramping (IHO) program, in partnership with Amazon Web Services, which will provide system impacted and other underserved people training in basic computer and smartphone literacy. PSF strongly supports Digital Equity: Digital Navigation and Digital Litercay.
Skills developed for the IHO program will include:
- Computer basics
- Web searches
- Social media navigation and etiquette (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Email etiquette
- Leadership and soft skills development
- Job searches and postings (Linkedin, Indeed, Monster, Ladder)
- Smartphone navigation
- Google cloud products: Docs, Sheets, Forms (like this one), Slides, Maps, etc.
- Some training may be available for the Microsoft Office Suite
- Digital security
Participants in the program that show aptitude for careers in tech may be invited to apply for the PSF’s coding bootcamp, in partnership with Coding Dojo. Learn more about the bootcamp here.
We are planning on offering training on Mondays (and perhaps Saturdays) at the AWS building in Seattle. Dates and time to be announced.
Cost: free to participants due to our generous partnerships.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the PSF: firstname.lastname@example.org